Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A person is a person no matter how small.

So I went to see Horton Hears a Who tonight, and it was one the best movies I've seen recently. The tickets were free thanks to optimum rewards and clearview, so that helped a little.

Horton Hears A Who was hysterical, the comedy was great and well the story itself is just a great story. There's been some debate over the pro-life movement using the line "A person is a person no matter how small." I don't understand why there's a debate over this, the pro-life movement was started because we/they believe that an unborn child has a right to live, just like any human being. I know that you can read what you want into the movie, but it's hard not to say that Horton has a pro-life theme. The line "a person is a person no matter how small" was said three times, and Mrs. Kangaroo goes off on a rant about if you can't hear, see, or feel it, it can't be real. It took some control from me to not shout out "OK Planned Parenthood" at her, but at least in the end she comes around to understand that a person's a person no matter how small, too bad she had to hear the whos to believe that the existed.

Go see the movie it will help you relive your childhood, and it's damn funny. I'm not normally a Jim Carrey fan, but he was great, as were Steve Carell and Carol Burnett. I know I killed the spelling of their names but I don't care.

No comments: