Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Ascension Thursday

You know it's a good homily when I have to blog right away about it. Fr. Brian gave a wicked homily for the Ascension, quoting "P B 16" as he calls him. I don't know if I can do that yet, it's too close to JP2, but it's growing on me. Anyway, Fr. Brian spoke of a story involving two college softball teams and a tremendous story of what the atlethic word call sportsmanship and what the normal world would call being nice and what a Christian calls being Christ to others.


Go check out the link http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/columns/story?columnist=hays_graham&id=3372631

I will eventually cut and paste the story, but for now I'm being lazy. I will also add in the quote from Papa B16 that Padre Brian used. It was a comment the Pope made about the Ascension and how we enter Jesus when we enter Heaven. I am doing it no justice, I'm just putting in some key words so I can find it later on. I e-mail Fr. Brian and asked where he got the quote from.

Speaking of Papa B16, his speeches and homilies from his trip to the US are quite easy to read and digest, which I did not expect!

No comments: