Planned Parenthood releases Annual Report
· It killed 289,750 preborn babies (24,807 more than last year).
· Its total revenue was $1.12 billion and its total profit was $114.8 million:
o $356.9 million in clinic income (an increase of $11.8 million)
o $258.7 million from private donations (an increase of $46.5 million)
o $336.7 million from taxpayers (an increase of $31.4 million)
· It made only 2,410 adoption referrals – a decrease of three from last year and a ratio of one adoption to every 120 abortions.
In effect, $114 million of taxpayer money went right into PP’s savings account. It is clear that PP does not need all of this money. Taxpayer money represents 33 percent of PP’s income. We must stop the flow of government money into the hands of this baby-killing business. Sign the petition at StopPlannedParenthoodTaxFunding.com to demand that PP does not receive any more money from our pockets.
We encourage you to spread the truth about Planned Parenthood, whether through a letter to the editor of your local newspaper, a blog posting or a MySpace bulletin/Facebook note. Feel free to use any information from the archive of STOPP Reports, but make sure to hit on the following talking points:
· One out of every four abortions is committed in a PP facility.
· PP refers one baby for adoption for every 120 babies it murders.
· PP has total assets of $1.12 billion.
· Taxpayers gave PP $336.7 million in 2006 (an increase of $31.4 million from 2005).
· PP put $114 million of taxpayer money right into its savings account.
· Taxpayer money represents 33 percent of PP’s income.
· PP’s total profit doubled from 2005 to 2006. In 2006, it had a profit of $114.8 million.
My church's youth group is having a garage sale on Sunday, and I'll be wearing my Rock for Life sweatshirt with my PP Kills Babies shirt underneath. I have Confirmation students who keep trying to tell me that PP is a pregnancy center, I told one girl no they make millions by providing abortions, they don't care about pregnancy. A pregnancy resource center cares about the woman who is pregnant and tries to help her. Last week my Confirmation students walked diapers over to the local pregnancy recourse center in town and the director and I had a nice discussion about what the parish can do for them.