Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Life in general

I feel like I have neglected my poor little blog, but the last 3 weeks have been a whirlwind. Between work with all the Confirmation interviews, goodness I have a lot of educating to do, then introducing myself to the parish, attending a workshop on youth ministry (which isn't even part of my job yet :-P), and then finally the first Confirmation session. Again I state I have a lot of educating to do, but as it says "preach the Gospel daily and if necessary use words."

Added to all this are Cornerstone meetings, (which will warrant a blog later)and finally Sunday's big event, our Jubilee Mass. My home parish not to be confused with my work parish, just celebrated it's 100th Anniversary. YAY! The outdoor Mass with Bishop Serratelli went wonderfully despite the rain that fell that morning. It stop with enough time to make sure the seats were dry for Mass. It was Respect Life Sunday, and if I was God, I'd be crying over all my murdered children too.

Really it was raining at 6am and it rained until about 9am-ish. It was over cast from 10am-2:30pm, which is when the local life chain was to begin. I didn't go this year, the day was just too busy, but I did pray for the babies.

I'm still alive, just busy as I'm babysitting on top of all this, gotta pay the bills somehow.

1 comment:

Mark said...

I hope all goes well with the Confirmation classes. It sounds as though the young people you’re teaching don’t know as much about Catholicism as they ought to. I think a lot of the problems in the modern Church are the result of poor (even un-Catholic) catechesis, so it’s great that you’re in a position where you can make a positive difference by opening the eyes of young people to the riches of the Catholic faith.