Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration 2009

"The American Heart will stir this day with pride and home as the powers of the presidency of the United States, magnificent in their promise, terrible in their burdens, are vested in a man of groundbreaking heritage and grand aspirations. At noon today, Barack Hussein Obama will become he 444th leader of the Republic, sworn to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution, as were Washington and Jefferson and Lincoln before him and others great and obscure. May he prove to be great in these troubled times."

That is what is on the cover of the New York Daily News, my response to the first comment of the American Heart stirring is this, yes my heart is stirred with pity and sorrow, for the lack of respect of life in this country.

I did watch some of the coverage, but I turned it off just before Obama's speech. I know myself and listening to it would just aggravate me. I decided to start praying the Rosary as Joe Biden was sworn in, seemed appropriate to me. I said a full Rosary, mainly because I had some catching up to do on my Rosaries for the FOCA novena. I half listened to the oaths and couldn't help but think of all the defenseless babies that being ignored.

Joe Biden's oath reads "I, Joseph Robinette Biden, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God." I remember thinking as he said "enemies foreign and domestic" that he himself is one of those enemies. I do not understand how someone can stand up there and say he will defend us, when he doesn't defend the most defenseless in the country.

Barack Obama's oath reads "I, Barack Hussein, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, so help me God." I was laughing at the fact that is seems Obama had his oath memorized, and really it's not that hard, but he did accidentally cut off Chief Justice Roberts at the beginning. Again, I don't understand how a man can get up and say I'll protect and defend the Constitution while ignoring and out and out promising more deaths via abortion.

I do find it greatly amusing that Chief Justice Roberts was the one swearing Obama in, as Obama voted against him. Alas Obama is the President, while I do respect the Office of President, I am fully aware that I do not have to respect the man in that office. Obama scares me, even Bill Clinton didn't scare me as much as Obama does. The idea that Obama promised to sign FOCA is just frightening. There is no choice in that Act, no what so ever, there is just a lack of laws to keep you from killing your baby.

Mary, patroness of the US, pray for us. Our Lady of Guadalupe, patroness of the unborn and the Americas, pray for us.

Cardinal O'Connor, Archbishop Sheen, Mother Theresa, St. Therese, Dorothy Day, and the many other pro-life activists up in Heaven pray for us. I miss Cardinal O'Connor and his ability to say what needed to be said.

No comments: