Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lent '09

What I am thinking of doing for Lent this year

daily Mass
less time on facebook, the internet, and games on my phone
daily Rosary for the unborn
Holy Hour at my parish for Respect Life (including the 10-25 I can stay on the nights I have retreat meetings)
less procrastination

I say less time because then the OCD side of me won't be mad when I use my phone for the internet, and I hope to not be mad at myself when I may not necessarily get to daily Mass or if I miss saying the Rosary.

That's what I'm thinking of. Usually I am disappointed with myself at the end of Lent because I feel like I haven't done as much as I could have. I also tend to set my sights high, so here I have more prayer, and somethings that will help me and others. Having 5 things that I want to do for Lent is typical of myself and we shall see how I do. As Fr. Bill said to me once, it doesn't matter if you do it for Holy Week or just a few days of Lent as long as you do something. He also is the one who has influenced me to add something to Lent, such as more prayer vs. giving something up.

Of course my usual eating better will also come to light during lent, maybe I can do a Rosary Run/walk so that I can kill to birds with one stone.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Nice to see you back blogging. I hope you have a good Lent. I agree with what you say about adding in something extra being better than giving something up.