Saturday, February 28, 2009

Lenten Checklist 1st Thursday and Friday

Daily Mass
Thursday: I didn't go as by the time I left my babysitting job it was after 5 so
there was no way to make it to a 5:30pm Mass that is 30 mins away. I did
however look for places with evening Masses.
Friday: I walked over to St. Anthony's, I was testing how quickly I could walk,
I made it there in a little over 10 mins, but less than 15 mins. It's nice to
have a parish that close.

Less time on facebook, the internet, and games on my phone
Thursday and Friday: so far I haven't touched the phone for the internet or
games, it was actually easier on Friday than it was Thursday or Wednesday, so
I'd say it's working. Oh the temptation to use it is there, but I'm fighting
it.

Daily Rosary for the unborn
Thursday: said while watching TV, I took a break from the TV and said my Rosary
Friday: was said on my way home from my friend Bridget's house.

Holy Hour at my parish for Respect Life
Holy Hour is only once a week, but I did get my reminder about it, as I walked
into Church today and saw the sign for it. I'm going to try to stop by it for a
little while this coming Wednesday.

less procrastination
I have gotten some paper for the presentation on Sunday, I still have to find
the red envelopes, though I did see them I just wasn't sure of the price. I
will have to look at another Staples for them. I have stuff printed out for
the presentation, I just have to put it all together.

So far so good, but it's only been 3 days and I highly doubt I'll be awake in 4.5 hours for daily Mass at St. Anthony's but like college I looked at Saturday as the day when I wouldn't be at Mass as no daily Mass was offered at Seton Hall with all the weddings that took place there and the fact that most priests were off-campus saying weddings or some other Mass.

No comments: