Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Cornerstone "09

So later on this month is the Women's Cornerstone Retreat at my parish and I've been asked to give one of the talks. I have no problem with the retreat or being asked to give a talk. I think a retreat now matter how "good" or "bad" can affect your life. What I don't get is the phone call asking for me to cut my talk down. I get that my talk is a little long, but I was never given a time limit or hell even a topic until a few weeks before I was to give my practice talk. I'm used to having my talk from the beginning of being on team, not just being told, "tell your story." I don't get the petty comments of how this is our retreat and blah blah blah.

I love the ladies of the parish, but seriously if you want it to be a good retreat allow me to help fix it. I've run many retreats and yes I am biased, but I've seen retreats work and I've seen retreats fail. I'm fully aware that my theology knowledge way beyond those that are on the retreat with me, but that doesn't mean we can't up the God knowledge.

Oh well, maybe I just need some food and caffeine. Back to "work" I go.

No comments: