Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Discernment

Discernment is normally a word associated with vocations and trying to figure out what one's vocation. Interestingly enough I did just e-mail the Vocations Offices of the Archdiocese of New York, the Archdiocese of Newark and the Diocese of Paterson for info for work. I'm planning on making my last large group session for Confirmation on Vocations. The kids want me to talk about Heaven, God, and abortion. All three topics and work themselves into vocations and I'll find a way to do it. The title I'm planning on is CCD is over, what now! Expanding on the idea that Confirmation is not CCD graduation that it is a sacrament and an important one. So many of the students are so misinformed when it comes to abortion, and the faith that there is no way I can completely undo the damage of the past 8 years of their lives, I can attempt to correct it and I have, but it's not enough in my opinion.

I am in the process of leaving paid Church ministry as almost every time I have worked for a church, I've been disappointed with whom I am working with. So often I find myself as the lone conservative or traditionalist on the staff and I'm tired of it. I'm looking at nursing schools which amuses me as look at the Bishops threatening to close Catholic hospitals should FOCA pass and because I started at Seton Hall as a nursing major. I know I've probably blogged about this before, but it's what is on my mind at the moment.

Oh well, the child I babysit needs help getting dressed. I'll be back later after I've done my CCD plans for tonight.

No comments: